It’s comforting to know that home is where the heart is. Many times during our lives we will change the location of our home base. Whether it’s for a career, family, adventure or any of a multitude of reasons, almost everyone will at some point move. What’s interesting is that although our physical home may change, our tastes generally stay the same and so the challenge then becomes moving the contents of our home with us.
One of the many great benefits of owning England Furniture lies in having peace of mind and confidence in their products. England Furniture Company takes pride in everything they create and their furniture products are built to last. Moving furniture can be risky but the durability of England Furniture products can lower those risks and offer freedom to start over in a new place with all the familiar comforts of home.
Here are a few tips to consider if you are moving:
- Wrap any furniture that is scratchable or dentable in protective padding to prevent damage. Check out moving or storage companies for options in renting these and avoid using your own materials, such as linens, to do this as they will not be nearly as protective as the professional padding.
- Gather cardboard boxes, packing tape and other packing materials for smaller items and label clearly the contents on the outside of the box and the room that you would like to place them in once moved.
- Whenever possible, use materials that you will be taking with you anyway to wrap fragile objects. This is where using linens will come in very handy.
- Prepare an inventory list for yourself.
- As early on as you can before the move, start packing non-essentials. You will be very happy you did as the moving date comes close.
- Use this time as an opportunity to sort through items that you might no longer need or enjoy and discard or donate things.
England Furniture Company invites you to explore more tips on moving at http://moving.about.com/od/packingtipsandtricks/a/pack_quick_tips.htm